Golf Course Marshal Duties
A golf course marshal ensures smooth pace of play on golf course, and acts as an information center for golf.
Responsibilities: Observe pace of play. Request slower playing groups to speed up pace or to allow others to play through, if appropriate.
• Collect start sheet from the pro-shop
• Starting groups – confirm tee times on first tee, enforce rules, etiquette and dress code
• Monitor the travel and proper use of golf buggies
• Empty bins as required around the course
• Top ball washers as required
• Maintain speed of play
• Ensure that course conduct and rules are followed
• If more than one marshal is on duty, then areas of the course should be split to provide wider coverage.
• Check visitors for green fee receipts
• Check for bag tags and report any un-authorised play to pro-shop or the Golf manager.
• Marshals are fully supported by the management of DGCC to make decisions to stop play and request players to leave, if rules are not followed.
If you feel you have what it takes & would like to become a Course Marshal to help Members & Visitors have a great experience and to discuss all the benifits involived as well. Please get in touch with Marc Rollings / Golf Manager on 01635 58100 ext. 220 or Email – email@example.com